ASA seeks new executive director
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas — The Automotive Service Association (ASA) is seeking a new executive director who, in the ASA’s words, has the demonstrated leadership ability and professionalism to lead the association.
Among other things, the ASA seeks a candidate who:
- Excels in strategic thinking, developing strategies to meet organizational goals with an eye to changing market conditions and competition;
- Can work with the ASA Board of Directors to develop a clear, compelling vision for the organization and act in accordance with that vision;
- Can build relationships with strategic partners and effectively supervise the association staff;
- Can work with the Board and the accounting staff to develop financial and organizational protocols in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP);
- Will travel throughout the U.S. to facilitate large and small meetings;
- Can create strategic plans to expand the ASA membership base and affiliate associations effectively;
- Will oversee the recruitment, employment and performance of all staff; and
- Will expand the ASA’s revenue stream to fund its national programs, general operations and membership growth efforts.
Minimum requirements for the position include a bachelor’s degree, a Certified Association Executive (CAE) certification and at least five years of experience on the senior staff of a 501 (c) 6 nonprofit, the ASA said. Salary will be commensurate with experience, it said.
The successful candidate must be willing to work out of the ASA headquarters at North Richland Hills. Remote candidates will not be considered, the association said.
Candidates must send the association a cover letter, a current resume, three references and a writing sample by Oct. 1, five pages maximum in PDF format. These must be sent to ASA Chairman Roy Schnepper at firstname.lastname@example.org.