CEAT unveils Row Crop ag tire
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — CEAT Specialty Tires Ltd. is adding a radial to its North American portfolio that the tire maker said provides farmers and ranchers with low compaction, high traction and exceptional performance.
The CEAT Farmax Row Crop ag radial will be available in four sizes (320/80R42, 340/85R48, 230/95R48 and 270/95R48) and is backed by the company’s seven-year warranty.
The tire is part of CEAT’S Farmax family, including the Farmax R85, Farmax R70 and Farmax R65.
According to CEAT, features of the tire include:
- Higher lug angle and lug overlap at the center of the tread for better roadability and stability;
- Strong carcass and reinforced bead for high durability and load carrying capacity;
- D speed rating for maximum speed up to 40 MPH;
- Rounded shoulder for soil and crop protection; and
- Higher number of lugs for superior traction.
Vijay Gambhire, managing director of CEAT, said the tire is the culmination of extensive research and development.
“We’re looking forward to getting this new row crop radial into the fields of North America and receiving feedback from farmers,” Gambhire said. “We’re confident it will perform very well.”