Nearly 200 exhibitors at Latin American Tyre Show
PANAMA CITY — Close to 200 international tire and retread manufacturers and distributors from around the globe exhibited at the ninth annual Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo, held June 6-8 at Panama City’s Atlapa Convention Center.
Exhibitors presented an array of products including new and used tires, tire equipment, repair products, retreading products and wheels. Companies from the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America participated.
“We were very pleased with this year’s show,” said Gustavo Lima, CEO of the Latin Expo Group L.L.C. “It was a great opportunity to showcase the Latin American tire and retread industries.”
The show included a 2 1/2-hour business conference that included six speakers:
- David Stevens, managing director of the Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB), who spoke on “The Future of the Global Retread Industry”;
- Heriberto Romero, general director of Hules Banda S.A. de C.V., whose talk was entitled, “Current Panorama of Renewables,” an index of renewables by country, ecology and industry;
- David Shaw, head of research at Tire Industry Research, who talked about the Chinese tire market, where he said change is the only constant;
- Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of training for the Tire Industry Association, who discussed tire service safety training;
- Jeffrey Hughes, sales director, mining and giant tire solutions, Maxam Tire, who spoke on the mining industry and prospects for giant OTR tires; and
- Jean Barros, commercial manager, Mexico and Central America, Vipal Rubber Corp., who gave an overview of retreading in Latin America.
Details, dates and booth reservation information for the 10th annual show will be released soon.