Vietnam exports to the US up six per cent
From January to April ’18, Vietnam’s textile and clothing exports to the US were up 6.18 per cent from the corresponding period in 2017. Vietnam is the third largest textile and clothing exporter to the US after China and India (volume-wise) and second after China (value-wise). Readymade garments had a 94.34 per cent share of the exported value while the rest 5.66 per cent was shared by other textile products.
Earnings from readymade garment exports rose 4.05 per cent yearly. Exports of cotton apparels were up 1.84 per cent and exports of manmade fiber apparels were up 6.75 per cent. On the other hand, exports of wool apparels fell 12.34 per cent and exports of silk and veg apparels fell 12.34 per cent year-on-year.
Exports of non-apparel products from Vietnam to the US skyrocketed by 61.24 per cent. Made-ups topped the export growth in non-apparel products and saw a staggering jump of 107.18 per cent. Yarn exports from Vietnam to the US jumped by 15.20 per cent, while the value of fabric exports got a boost by 4.20 per cent. The South-east Asian manufacturing powerhouse is ready to achieve its export target of 35 billion dollars by this year.